I am going to have a weekly post to reflect on things (big and small) that I am grateful for.
Here is my list this week:
- Taking my son out to dinner after his dentist appointment last week. While my food was awful, getting some one-on-one time outside of the house was great.
- Having snow boots after three winters of going without any because of poor planning. I would always say next winter I will buy new boots before it snows and never get round to it. The irony is I did not go out in the snow this weekend… but still I had my boots if I needed them.
- Ordering my textbooks early to beat the rush of last minute stuff.
- Being more mindful about my spending and sticking to my budget without feeling too deprived.
- Watching the speeches at the Golden Globes that touched my heart – Barry Jenkins, Traci Ellis Ross, Viola Davis, Sarah Paulson, Donald Glover, Ryan Gossling, and of course, Meryl Streep.
- This is Us is back tomorrow night. I expect to hold back tears at least twice during this episode. I’m not a super mushy person especially over a TV show or movie, but this show always makes me get in my feelings.
- Writing short blurbs in my writing journal to help my short story writing goal for this year.