One of my favorite blogging “traditions” is the Friday Five. It is a group of five questions that usually have a theme. I found this week’s questions on LiveJournal.
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I have in the past and nothing has really come of them so now I make a list of goals which are a bit more measurable and keeps me motivated. I also keep my list in a little notebook I carry with me so I can jot down idea or progress I make towards them.
- Are you expecting any big life changes this year? (new job, buying a house, etc.) Besides graduating from college, I will hopefully find a new full-time job before the year is over. While I will miss the flexibility of my part-time schedule, my budget will welcome a full-time paycheck again.
- What are you most looking forward to this year? Graduation
- What are you least looking forward to this year? Job hunting – it is such a stressful process. I used to feel like people would ignore my resume despite my experience because I didn’t have a college degree now I will have one on there and will have to flush out what other things need improvement. I also hate dealing with recruiters because I know the majority of them are cold calling to keep their numbers up. *ugh* Thankfully I won’t be job hunting from a place of desperation but still the process of pick me, pick me for the job stresses me out.
- Is there anything you want to try this year that you haven’t tried before? (Could be a new food, new hobby, or anything.) I want to focus on writing a series of short stories. It’s one of those things I always say I want to do but now with graduation happening in a few months, I will have time to dedicate to this. This break between semesters has shown me just how bored I am without school work – so a writing project will keep me busy.